EuroVelo 15 – Rhine Route
This three year project is co-financed by Northwest Europe INTERREG IV B. It is known as ‘Demarrage’ after the French cycling term, which is used to describe an attack, when a cyclist tries to break away from this competitors in order to achieve a time lead, win a sprint stage or receive points for a climb.
Total Budget: approx. €2.3 Million
Preparation started in 2009 (idea accrued from former INTERREG III C project)
Subjects: Economic development, regional identity, SME, tourism, marketing
A video has been prepared to introduce the project and some of the key outputs.
The ECF is one of 18 partners from 5 different nations covering the Rhine Cycle Route in its entire length:
• Euregio Rhine-Waal (Lead Partner)
• Baden-Württemberg Tourismus Marketing
• Hessen Agentur
• Romantische Rhein Tourismus GmbH
• WFG Kreis Viersen
• Wirtschaftsministerium Baden-Württemberg
• Wirtschaftsministerium Rheinland-Pfalz
• Wirtschaftsministerium Hessen
• Wirtschaftsministerium NRW
• ADT Bas-Rhin
• ADT Haut-Rhin
• Conseil Géneral du Bas-Rhin
• Conseil Géneral du Haut-Rhin
• Provincie Gelderland
• Provincie Zuid Holland
• Stichting Landelijk Fietsplatform
For more information about the project please visit the Demarrage project’s website.
For more information about cycling the route visit www.EuroVelo.com.