Conference 2016 – Vienna, Austria
CYCLING FOR ALL:
Developing successful cycle tourism products for everyone
On the 14th October 2016, the European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF) and the European Greenways Association (EGWA) are hosting the III Edition of their EuroVelo, Greenways and Cycle Tourism Conference in Vienna (Austria).
The event is the main cycle tourism conference on the European level and brings together leading stakeholders in the cycle tourism field from across the continent and beyond. The III EuroVelo, Greenways and Cycle Tourism Conference will be held on October 14th 2016 at the Palais Niederosterreich, Herrengasse 13; A-1010 in Vienna (Austria).
The final version of the Conference programme can be found below:
Presentations are available below:
Section 1: Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome from the host- Christian Weinberger (ecoplus GmbH)
- Welcome from Mobilitätsagentur- Martin Blum Radverkehrsbeauftragter Stadt Wien
- Welcome from Radlobby Österreich- Andrzej Felzak, Radlobby Österreich
- Challenges Relating to European Project Management – Alan Vella, Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME)
- Smart and Sustainable Cycle Tourism: Unleashing Potential in Low and Medium Seasons- Manfred Neun, President of the European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF)
- Greenways Outdoor: promoting greenways to create and market appealing tourism products- Giulio Senes, President of the European Greenways Association (EGWA) and Mercedes Muñoz EGWA Director and Coordinator of Greenways Outdoor Project
Section 2: Cycle Tourism Products
- EuroVelo 15 – Rhine Cycle Route: a product for all kind of cyclists ‘Silver Cyclists’ Jens Niemeyer and Katharina Schattner, Romantischer Rhein Tourismus GMBH
- Silver Cyclists: Evaluation on product development for seniors- Richard Weston, University of Central Lancashire
- Outdoor tourism products in The Great Western Greenway- Travis Zeray Director, Clew Bay Bike Hire and Outdoor Adventures Ltd.
- Creating tourism product in the Olive greenway- Carmen Aycart, Andalusian Greenways Association and Antonio Camacho, Dxocio – Centro Cicloturista Subbética Bike´s Friends.
Section 3: Marketing and Promoting Cycle Tourism
- Europe as a travel destination: the role of active tourism- Gunes Vural, Online Marketing Manager, European Travel Commission.
- The Adventure Cycle Route Network and promoting cycle tourism in the US- Ginny Sullivan, Adventure Cycling
- EuroVelo: Promoting cycle tourism in Europe- Ed Lancaster, European Cyclist’s Federation
- Innovations in Marketing Cycling Tourism Destinations- Richard Spilsbury, Global Cycle Network
- How to tell European Stories? On Bike-Trails- Ernst Miglbauer, Invent
Section 4: Costumers and Products
- Austrian Bicycle Travel Analysis 2015- Christian Schrefel, Radlobby/Radtourismus
- Spas and cycling: a perfect combination- Dr. Janka Zálesáková, Vice-president of ESPA and President of the Association of Slovak Spas
- Greenways: top ten tips to reach the end users- Christoph Hendrich, Tourismusagentur Ostbelgien and Arantxa Hernández, Spanish Railways Foundation.
- Monitoring experience in France (impact of cycle tourism): Plateforme Nationale des Fréquentations- Camille Thome, Départements & Régions cyclables
- Cycle Tourism Austria: Cooperation on EuroVelo 9 – Baltic-Adriatic- Sylvia Gleitsmann, NÖ Werbung (Lower Austrian Tourism Board)
- Enough asphalt! How backroads can be improved and activated for cycle tourists- Jesper Pørksen, Danish Cycle Tourism
Launch of the Charter of Silver Cyclists- Ádám Bodor, European Cyclists´Federation EuroVelo and Advocacy Director
Financially supported by: